[Nobbc] wiring harness

Dan home at drummondlaw.com
Mon Oct 12 18:47:33 MDT 2009

My Series III XJ6 Jaguar has been acting up the past few months.  First, a
few months back it started cutting out while driving.  The tach was swinging
wildly which I am informed is symptomatic of a faulty ignition module so I
replaced that.  I also rewired all those little wires coming off the coil
since they were pretty well baked and barely hanging on.  All was well for a
couple months, until things started happening again a couple weeks ago.  It
started cutting out again, but the tach was fine.  My Jag friends up north,
who know a heck of a lot more about these things than me, suggested there
may be a problem with the fuel injection.  Sure enough, a number of the
wiring connections are in pretty sad shape and jostling some of the
connections with the engine idling causes the engine to die.  XKs Unlimited
in San Luis Obispo wants $500+ for a fuel injection wiring harness.  Ouch!
Being a cheapskate at heart, I figure it shouldn't be all that difficult to
make a harness.  I was planning on showing the car at the Sacramento JCNA
show in Fairfield this weekend, but with my AAA tows maxed out for the year,
I was too scared to risk driving it that far from home.  It's time to fix
the problem properly.  Wish me luck and let's hope we're back on the road
soon.

Dan