[Nobbc] Whew! Saturday's Drive...

Sheryl techyes at pacbell.net
Sat Jan 10 18:08:11 MST 2009

Beautiful day and a great drive!

Thanks Greg & Trish,
Sheryl & Dennis
MGB x 2

________________________________
From: Greg Tatarian <gtwincams at gmail.com>
To: North Bay British Car Club <nobbc at autox.team.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2009 4:39:08 PM
Subject: [Nobbc] Whew! Saturday's Drive...

Wow!

Thanks so much to all who showed up for the drive. Trish and I weren't
prepared for so many cars - let me tell you it is really difficult to
keep that big of a group together! Of course, it didn't help that there
was a miscommunication at the start when we were told prematurely to
crank it up and start leading the group out of there. Turns out one
member hadn't shown up yet, so Andy and Marla turned back to give him
another few minutes, and yup, we lost Dawson and Sons at the first
light. Trish has told me she won't serve as lead car navigator again
until I put a side view mirror on the passenger door for her.

Deano - looks like you split off there about halfway - was that planned,
or was the TR6 having troubles?

Fortunately, the secondary group pretty much created a similar route to
end up at Genova's on Trancas in Napa where the first group was waiting
in hopes of getting our full team back together. The next hiccup was
the  l o n g  wait at the deli, so I know we all spent more time on this
drive standing around than we normally do, but hopefully it was worth
it. I know the in-town stuff isn't our typical scene, but we picked up a
lot of admirers in the parking lot, which is usually a good thing.

Thanks go to Marla and Andy for hosting the surprisingly large group of
folks at their house; nice work on the MGA, Andy. It's going to be too
nice to drive on its own wheels! Also, thanks to Andy, Marla, Dawson,
Lionel and (didn't get Dawson's other son's name) for persevering and
meeting up with us in Napa.

Ron - we were all thinking of you, and hopefully you will be fit as a
fiddle for the next one. I took some pictures, and several other folks
did as well, so you can get some vicarious fun.

The collection of cars (anyone tell me if I missed someone) on the drive;

Sheryl and Dennis MGB x 2
Charlie and Patty TR8
John Lotus Elan S2
Dan (Jag XJ)