[Nobbc] pseudo-British sports car

Frank Morris morrisf at SIDWater.org
Wed Apr 15 14:48:28 MDT 2009

Great looking car.  Any pictures of the beautiful women that you speak
of?  Great story...I was imagining her quite vividly.  What romantic
woman doesn't like a cool sports car?

As an aside...I am looking for a competent person or reasonable shop to
perform a restoration on a 1961 MGA FHC. Body is excellent and I have a
1971 MGB engine with overdrive tranny that I would like to have
installed.  Send an e-mail to fmorris at sidwater.org if you are interested
or can recommend someone.  While economic stimulus packages are great, I
am looking for a good job for a reasonable fee.  She needs to be on the
road again.

Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: nobbc-bounces at autox.team.net [mailto:nobbc-bounces at autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of don at napanet.net
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 2:06 PM
To: nobbc at autox.team.net
Subject: [Nobbc] pseudo-British sports car

Hello British car guys.  As much as I love MGs and TRs, I rely on a
Miata for my
everyday transport.  I just bought a '01 BRG Miata which will replace my
'91
BRG Miata.

I thought this might be interesting to you guys in spite of it being a
Miata:

I've posted previously that I bought a very nice '01 SE to replace my
'91 SE.
In the process of selling my '91, I park it at the bottom of my driveway
on
weekends with for sale signs in the windows.  My driveway is on the St.
Helena
Highway in the upper Napa Valley where a lot of tourists drive by on
weekends.
So, on Sunday as I'm parking it and putting the signs in the windows, a
couple
in an SUV pull over and get out of their vehicle and walk toward my
Miata.  I
get out of my car, and I can't believe how beautiful the woman is.  She
looks a
bit like Julia Roberts, but maybe better!  Early to mid-40s, brunette,
petite.
Very nicely dressed in casual chic clothing- a 9.9 on the 10 scale.  So
I say to
the couple, "Do you want to buy a Miata?"  And she says, "Do you come
with the
car?"  That was the highlight of my day!

Interesting in that the woman who was the former owner of my '01 was
very
pretty.  And the gal that bought my red '91 Miata seven years ago was
also very
attractive.  Miatas are maligned for being hairdressers' cars, but they
should
be praised for being cars that beautiful women seem to like.

Here is link for my old '91 on CL for anyone that might be interested:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/1121117561.html

Don Scott
Calistoga CA
2 BRG Miatas