[Nobbc] April Ride

Ron Engelhardt nobbc at sonic.net
Mon Apr 6 20:29:40 MDT 2009

To avoid any conflict with Easter, our ride will be on Saturday April
18th starting at 10 AM in the commuter lot just west of 101 on River Rd.
(PG&E commuter lot).

This ride will be a little different in that we will honor the memory of
  co-founder Steve Lehmann with a ride to Fisk Mill Cove on the coast.
If it wasn't for Steve, this club might not have come into being. Before
he passed away recently, Steve asked that the club scatter a bit of his
ashes along the coast. Dee sent me a cigarette pack full to use (I know,
ironic, but that was Steve). We don't have to make a big deal out of it
but if anyone would like to share their thoughts or tell a favorite
Steve story we will do so. I know many of you didn't know Steve and
might be offput by this but the ride itself is a good reason to come
along. The scenic views along the coast and at the cove can't be beat.

Services and amenities are limited along the coast and non-existent at
Fisk Mill Cove, so make sure you gas up beforehand. It will be necessary
to bring a lunch along also so visit your favorite deli before the meet
to stock up.