[Nobbc] rough estimate cost of engine repair

joe mulqueen joemulqueen at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 21 22:24:36 MDT 2008

Hey (forgot orig poster's name)!
You could maybe even buy my car!  I think the SIII 4.2 engine would drop right in with out much notice after you installed your intake, valve covers, and porcelain exhaust manifolds.

I entirely rebuilt my engine my self about 110K miles ago.  Even replaced the bronze dizzy drive gear ($90).  Engine now has about 2K miles on a valve adjustment and preemptive head gasket replacement.  Has 150-155 PSI cranking numbers, 215-20 psi oil pressure hot at idle with 10-40 oil and better with 20-50 oil.  Minimal leaking.  Car just passed smog but still only worth a $2-3K.  Or you could locate another car like mine.
Just thinking....
JoeM
'82 XJ6 SIII
'56 MGA