[Nobbc] Tech session update

gtwincams gtwincams at pacbell.net
Mon Oct 6 18:35:50 MDT 2008

Hello Members,

Here's an update on my machine shop tech session:

It appears that there is sufficient interest to impose upon my machinist
to host our club for an open house - about 10 of you responded. A larger
group would be better, because he is going to some extra effort to
prepare several projects to show the machines in operation. It looks
like you'll get to see a block being bored, valve seats being cut, and
some other operations, which is actually more than I had hoped for.
Originally when I broached the idea to him the plan didn't include
actual machine work, since when he works, he has to do it right and get
it out the door. Now it looks like he'll set up some exhibition projects
for us.

When he has figured out the projects and a schedule that works for him,
I'll let you all know. It will be on a Saturday, probably in 2-3 weeks,
in the afternoon (he has work during the morning). If we're lucky with
the weather, we can schedule a short drive that ends up at his shop.

I'll be picking up a simple mixed deli platter and fruit platter, and a
couple of 6-packs of drinks. If you want beer, please bring it yourself.
If you have special dietary needs, please bring what you wish to snack
on. There will be a small cost associated with the tech session to pay
for the food, so when I know the exact date and how many of us are
attending, I'll tell you the actual cost (figure $5-7 each). If you
won't be consuming any food or drink, let me know so I will buy less to
keep costs down.

If any other members are interested, please pipe up soon!

Ron - can you please post this on the old email list?

Cheers,
Greg Tatarian