[Nobbc] Need to gauge interest in tech session

gtwincams gtwincams at pacbell.net
Wed Oct 1 13:11:22 MDT 2008

Hello members,
I would like to know if and how many would like to attend a tech session
at a machine shop. I have a machinist that has done some work for me who
might be willing to host a Saturday tech session in October or early
November. His shop is located in Santa Rosa, and it is a very good
one-man shop. He does more American and Japanese work than British, but
he did a good job on my Lotus Twincam head, with my specs and guidance,
as well as some other parts.
Of particular interest at his shop is an air-centered floating-bed
Serti  head machine that handles very precise valve work and
multiple-angle valve seat grinds, but he's got the usual assortment of
gear as well.
I'm still trying to see how interested the machinist is in this idea, so
if members can give me feedback in the next week or so, I can judge
whether to pursue the idea with him.
Please respond to the list so everyone else can see the response.
Cheers,
Greg Tatarian