[Nobbc] TR6 heater

wendell bain wbain at sonic.net
Sat Nov 22 13:10:43 MST 2008

Hello Larry,
Not sure if they moved the heater on the TR-6, but my TR-4's had it
contained
in an assembly pretty much behind the four smaller instruments in the
center of
the dash. (oil press., ammeter, etc.) over the transmission tunnel.
It's held in by
three bolts and you'll need to drain the cooling system and remove
the heater
hoses, and duct hoses to the defrosters. Also the electrical wires to
the fan
switch, the cables to defroster and heater valve. after the center
dash support.
The heater assy. is in a metal box with the fan on top. It's kind of
a pain to get
at, as are most heater core assemblies.
Once out of the car, you will need to take the metal box apart to get
at the fan.
Fortunately the fan is on top.
It's probably the fan bearing making the squirrel noises. I had one
that was
pretty much a soprano in it's screech!!! I don't know what is
available for these
now. Check with Moss Motors.
Hope this helps.

Wendell