[Nobbc] nobbc team at glenwood report-2008

Steve Lehmann sand at frii.com
Sun Jun 8 21:44:24 MDT 2008

team nobbc did arrive in denver and on time friday a.m.in the famos crawdad
tr4-a for the tour over the great divide to glenwood springs w/o anything to
report-great ride over some good passses (aprox 10k ft.-11-k-ft.)-decent cool
weather to keep the tr from doing as others did-
watched a mg-b- throw a rod and a jag xk e type blow a trans-
saw a stranded tr-3 (clutch slave or master)-
i guess some folks think that wax on the outside also lubes parts on the
inside-

our room down the road in rifle did not work out as planed-3a auto club will
be getting a viset monday morn on this-
we were able at last min to get a room in glenwood acrost the street from
rallye headquarters-
this worked out well because when we got back to glenwood everybody was
getting a tankfull at the cantina so i joined in and fun was had by all-

the saturday ralley your reps blew because there was a dirt road portion next
to colorado river for aprox 40-50 miles that we just had to enjoy by passing
no less than 3 competitors while throwing mud-
the plan was to pull over and let them get back in front of us and fall to
where we should be-
well s.o.a.b. if they did not have a checkpoint around that last turn-
rules say you can not stop and let others pass you at a checkpoint before you
cross the line-
we arrived aprox 3 min to soon and recived our first no-no of the day there-
the damage was beond salvaging as far as getting back into a decent chance at
anything after that-
however we of course forged on-
the driver (me) and navigator took an unscedueled break for a beer and a hot
tea-
thus lossing a few more points in the grulling days work-
as to take precautions before attempting independence pass (11,00 ft.climb) we
elected to over oil the machine by 1 qt. to allow for rear main leakage over
the steep climb.
of couse this paid off because another mg-b dropped out on that pass w/a rod
knock (must have been #1)-
of couse as being the good team nobbc reps did stop to render aid to a fellow
tr 4 guy that was in need of a set of breaker points that i just so had 2 sets
of w/me-we got him going and charged the customarey 2 drinks at the finish
line in glenwood-we also lost time at a hot dog stand that was not a scedueld
ralley stop-
we arrived back to glenwood at abought the right time as we bybassed the
lastcheckpoint due to a contest on westbound hwy 70 w/a 62 porsche 356-
the day ended at glenwood with a great ending-

the sunday carshow had us beat handsdown from the gate in our class-
2 steller tr3,s and a tr 4 were very deserving of there rewards-no questions
asked-period-

we did encounter 2 difficulties on way back to nobbc stabbles-loveland.
we blew the plug in connection to the g.m. alternator stopped at a napa store
after abought 20 miles on battery only mode and solved the proplem roadside-
had a elect-cooling fan prop that was also a e-z roadside fix-
the tr is in the stabbles now safe and sound-
sorry gang-no trophies this year-
just some big smiles-
(and an empty wallet)
i will send a few roadside pics to ron e- and joe-a-
back to real world and all in the morn-

steve-dee-
team nobbc colorado reps.