[Nobbc] Triumph Brake questions

Scott Irwin riprock99 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 6 18:10:55 MDT 2008

I think you can use later model masters for 1500's after FH130000.  This is
a dual system and it should be a bolt on trade although  the bulkhead and
brackets are different shapes.  In any case,  I've been driving a '65 for
many years without any problems in the hydraulics.  I even leave the level
about a quarter inch low or so and that solves the fluid ruining the paint
of the bulkhead issue.  The only modification I made was to change the
Girling 12.P calipers to the later larger 14.LF front calipers.  This is
also a bolt on except the backplate needs a trim and the rotors need to be
for the Girling 14.LF calipers  The reason was availability of rebuild kits
and larger pads.

Scott Irwin
'65 Spitfire