[Nobbc] Info for Marla and Andy's Tour

Ron Engelhardt nobbc at sonic.net
Wed Jun 4 12:59:57 MDT 2008

Andy asked me to post this to you all. I'll be babysitting my grandson
so will probably be unable to make this one. Looks like a nice route and
tour so have fun with it!

Saturday June 7th, 2008
By Marla and Andy Preston

We hope you can join us for this year's Sonoma County tour, which will
take a different route from previous years.  We will be meeting at the
Doubletree Hotel located off Golf Course Drive, at 1 Double Tree Drive
in Rohnert Park at 9:30 for a 10:00 departure.  There is Starbuck's
coffee and bathrooms available in the hotel.   This was the MG 2007
hotel venue.

We'll be heading out to the spectacular Napa Valley for our first stop
and then back into Sonoma Valley for lunch.  Our route will take us over
Crane Canyon through Glen Ellen and then over Trinity Road which boasts
one of the most breathtaking views in the area as you descend into the
Napa Valley.

Our first stop will be at the V Marketplace 1870 in Yountville for a 30
minute break.  The 137 year old marketplace (originally the Groezinger
Winery) offers upscale specialty shops, galleries, restaurants and most
importantly, bathrooms!  There's also a wonderful coffee and pastry shop
across the street.

We will continue our tour along the Silverado Trail (established in
1852) through the Stags Leap appellation and pass by numerous famous
wineries on our way to our lunchtime destination.  Lunch will be at the
Viansa Winery and Italian Market Place which is above the Sonoma Valley
on a hilltop overlooking 90 acres of waterfowl reserve. (www.viansa.com)

You can buy freshly made wood fired pizzas, hot barbequed sandwiches or
a variety of Italian panini sandwiches.  The Italian market is a delight
itself and hosts 2 wine tasting bars for anyone who wants to do some
wine tasting, ($5.00). There is plenty of outdoor seating with live
music and wine is also available by the glass.

Viansa winery is close by the Infineon Racetrack (Sears point) so
there's easy access to Hwy 37 and Hwy 101 for heading home.