[Nobbc] Nobbc news

Ron Engelhardt nobbc at sonic.net
Mon May 7 12:01:42 MDT 2007

Many of you are familiar with the British car email lists provided by
autox.team.net. I have been a long time subscriber to the MGs list as
are several other members and I'm sure there are club subscribers to one
or another of the other lists.

The folks at team.net have kindly agreed to host a list for our club.
What this means for club members is the ability to contact every other
member directly by email simply by sending an email to the list address
nobbc at autox.team.net. Your email will be resent to all other members.
This will enable all members to have two way contact with all other
members. For instance, if you needed a part, an email could be sent
asking if another member had one available or if you wanted to lead an
alfresco ride, an email could be sent asking if anyone wanted to join
you. One of the biggest problems the club has had up to this is the
inability of members to contact one another easily, this should be the
solution.

The email list is an opt-in list. You must subscribe to join. The club
page can be found at:  http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/nobbc You
will be able to join at this address. The list is a text based list so
the emails will be small. HTML coding will be stripped out and most
attachments will be discarded. I think I have it set up to not strip out
jpg pictures but be mindful of the fact that some members are on dial-up
and make sure any pictures sent are compressed as small as possible.

As to email volume, the MGs list is a worldwide list and generates 30-40
emails on a good day. Our 115 member club should generate a tiny
fraction of that number. I would suggest getting a free email account
for club email if you don't want to mix them with your regular email. I
can send gmail invites if requested. The club emails should come with
Nobbc on the subject line to enable mail filtering. I urge you to all
subscribe now so we can move our club up to the next level of communication.

Our next ride will be next Saturday the 12th starting at Noon in the
commuter lot just west of 101 on River Rd. (PG&E substation). Any
destination suggestions are welcome but if it's warm a trip to the coast
may be in order.

The club has been invited back to the Oakmont Show on May 19th. I
believe its from 10 til Noon. We will meet at 9:30 at Lawson's corners
to travel over together. Lawson's Corners is on Hwy 12 at the second
intesection of Melita Rd. It is the last light before Oakmont. The
organizer would like some idea of how many of us will be attending so
contact Bob Rienecker at 537 0325.

Our premier "local" show will be the following day (20th) at Dixon.
There will be an informal gathering of club members attending in the
center aisle at noon. Steve Lehmann (co-founder) will be visiting from
Colorado and plans on attending so if you would like to see him or throw
rocks at him, this is the time to do it.

Greg Tatarian would like club members to be aware of a move by the State
legislature (AB616) to once again tighten up smog regulations in an
attempt to drive older cars off the road. This will affect many of our
"newer" British cars so you may want to contact your State representatives.

See you Saturday!