[Morgans] To our TX friends

John T. Blair jblair1948 at cox.net
Fri Sep 12 16:27:57 MDT 2008

Hurricaines aren't anything now to this area Norfolk/Va Beach, VA.  We've got
several parts of town that were carved out by a couple of
hurricaines.  For those
that have been through the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel, connecting Hampton
and Norfolk, that area that parallels the casway, Willoby Spit, was
carved out by
one, and the Lynnhaven Inlet, at the Lesner Bridge is another area.

Having ridden out more hurricaines that I'd like to count since '57
here,  I have some idea of what you all will be going
through.   Luckily, most that we've had
were Cat 1s.  We were very lucky with Isabelle.  She dropped from a Cat 5 to a
Cat 1 12 hrs before she hit us.

So I hope you all stay dry, and don't have too much property damage!!!!

Good luck!!!  Take Care!! and may God be with you all!

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  jblair1948 at cox.net
Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229