[Mini] Tire sizes

John Lieberman jlieberman37 at comcast.net
Sat Sep 28 15:30:05 MDT 2019

When I make a mistake, I'm not afraid to admit it.  And, when I started
this thread, I made a HUGE one.  So I'm admitting that now and
apologizing for any confusion I may have caused.

I said that my car had 165/70R12 tires on it.  That's what I had written
down in my little notebook of things that I need to do or want to do to
the little car.  But I hadn't really taken a close look at the car in
about a month because it's been too blasted hot -- at least a dozen days
this month where the temperature has been at or above 100F.

Now that fall is here, temperatures have dropped a little bit.  So, this
morning, I retrieved Li'l Red from the self-storage facility where I
keep her and took her out for a spin to shake loose the cobwebs.  Then I
brought her home to do some odds and ends that I'd been puting off.
First thing I did was take a close look at the tires and, wouldn't you
know it, they're 165/60s -- not 165/70s.

So, again, I apologize for the confusion and I thank all of you for your
input.  It did make for some very interesting discussion!!!

John

---