[Mini] [minElist] How rare is my car?

Richard Porter ricp at minijem.plus.com
Sun Apr 9 14:32:57 MDT 2017

On 9 Apr 2017 Dr John C Bullas john.bullas at gmail.com [minilist] wrote:

> https://data.gov.uk/apps/how-rare-my-car

> A fully searchable online database of all cars that are currently in the UK.

> Users can search for specific makes, models and years to find out how many
> are taxed, sorned and the current total.

> As well as the website there are smartphone apps using the same data, the
> websites and apps are all free.

> The Android App can be found on Google Play and also on The Amazon Appstore
> for Android & Kindle.

> Dr B

> I think the results for 1978 Austin Mini is bollocks

It's a totally horrendous web page - no fewer than 21 CSS files!
It must be even worse for Mini derivatives and kitcars if they're
listed at all. They may be registered as the marque or the kit
manufacturer or the donor marque or the donor make. Some kitcar
projects have changed hands a few times so can have several makers,
and Minis too have lots of badges and makes.

Richard

PS just checked out the android app. Yes it is completely useless. If
your car is rare it won't be there.
--
Richard Porter                      http://www.minijem.plus.com/
t: @westernexplorer                 mailto:ricp at minijem.plus.com
I don't want a "user experience" - I just want stuff that works.