[Mini] Body mods: removal of rear wheelarch overhang.....

Dr John C Bullas john.bullas at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 09:15:55 MST 2016

My intention is to lower #9 significantly since with adjustable bottom
arms, adjustable tie rods and longer track rod ends, I don't anticipate any
alignment issues.... shorter shock absorbers are on my shopping list

The great David Vizard illustrates the removal of the overhanging lip
around the outside of the rear arches BUT I wondered if it really was any
simpler than marking a cut line on the outer wing that follows the top of
the inner arch, cutting out the offending metal and welding it back up with
a plate that projects outwards to emulate the narrow wheelarch projection
as-manufactured

The car is fitted with Mini City arches so there is an area of the outer
quarter panel outside of the edge of the wheelarch that is hidden and
therefore can suffer a bit cosmetically!

Anyone done this mod?

Regards

Dr B

--