[Mini] UK: engine prewarmers

Marcin Dobrucki marcin.dobrucki at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 05:19:48 MDT 2014

Hi John, block heaters are pretty common in Finland.  DEFA makes quite a
bit different models, one will prolly fit the Mini's head too.  It's
basically a heating element that slides into the water inlet of the
block/head.  All you usually need to do is pull of the hose from the
radiator, slide in the element, and re-attach the hose.  Then pull a cable
to somewhere in the grill to hook up the power.  Additionally you can
install a Y-connector and pull another cable to the inside of the car where
you usually hook up a warm air blower.  If you can't source the parts in
the UK, I can ask around here.

Wikipedia (in Finnish - use google's translator):
http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moottorinl%C3%A4mmitin

/m

--
tuff...