[Mini] Engine out (Was: Oil spitting)

Anne minilists at mibv.com
Wed May 1 10:57:44 MDT 2013

On monday we did a compression test on the Van.

In bar(psi) it read;
8(115) - 6(85) - 6,75(95) - 8,25(120)

So low readings and big difference between 4 and 1 vs 3 and 2.

Down went some oil down the bores. It then read;

11,5(165) - 10(145) - ...

we didn't even bother to measure the rest.
The rings definately are shot.

Luckely a block was at hand with dished pistons, meant for a turbo setup.
As luck has it, this is an injection block, but a KDFI was also at hand.
So the new challenge is to get this running and run in before the IMM...

And for example where to place the triggerwheel.

Anne.