[Mini] Oil spitting

Anne minilists at mibv.com
Fri Apr 26 10:11:20 MDT 2013

After the fuel issues was sorted sorted and the clutch keeps working fine
with the washer installed, it was time for the Van to think of another
symptom to come up with.

First it tried to impress me with a fairly lack of improvement in bhp or
torque (+ 4 and + 10 after fitting the charger), but as that did not work,
it started to throw out the engine oil.

Although initially not directly a problem, I had a look at where all that
oil was coming from.
>From the pattern it looked like it was being pushed out of the dipstick
hole. The stick was not really sticking anymore; just lying in there.

After I 'solved' this by plugging the dipstick hole, the oil found other
ways to get out of the block.
Somewhere behind the distributor and also a bit past the oilfiller cap.
That did become a problem, and not just because it really DOES need oil,
but also because it was now spitting it over the hot parts of the engine,
resulting in nasty blue smoke getting into the cabin.

Or at least I think that is what that smoke was. At least it is very clear
it's spitting out the oil in places it shoudln't.

Pictures as always can be found here;
http://goo.gl/9400P

Assuming the remaing crankcase breather (on the clutch side) was blocked I
took it off the carb nd checked it. Unforunately (would have been an easy
fix most likely) there is no blockage on either the engine nor carb side.

Any hints as to what can be done to figure out where the problem is?

Anne.