[Mini] Seasons greetings and a question... on retrofit of soundproofing......

Brett Nicholson brett at nicho.id.au
Thu Dec 27 15:43:31 MST 2012

A belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all out there in
Mini-List land.

For sound deadening I would highly recommend Dynamat.  It's not cheap, but
it shut up the cabin noise in my 74 Beetle a lot better than the factory
fitted cardboard stuff.  I don't really know if it will absorb water though.

As for the alloy wheels issue, I have the same problem with my Moke on the
left rear rim.  I've had the tyre removed, cleaned up the mating surface on
the rim and had it refitted several times.  It's no better, so my tyre guy
suggests the alloy may be porous.  For now I just pump up that tyre every
time I use the Moke.  Fortunately I have collected a second set of the same
rims, so I will just change it out at some point.

Cheers,
Brett.

--
Brett Nicholson (bnicho)