[Mgs] MGB gas-tank dipstick

Max Heim mvheim at sonic.net
Fri Jan 6 18:05:23 MST 2023

Right… so no calibration marks needed, because they won’t mean anything. Just eyeball the depth of the damp area.

Your big problem is that the “stick” needs to be flexible to have any hope of bottoming out, given the bend in the filler neck. For instance, a strip of lath. Just hope it doesn’t break off in the tank. I have cut a strip of corrugated cardboard for this purpose. Single use only, and then you have to safely dispose of a gasoline-soaked piece of cardboard...

Seriously, I don’t understand going to great lengths to avoid fixing something that is easily fixed. I am never satisfied unless every component of my MG is functioning as intended. Unsurprisingly, everything works.

--
Max Heim
mvheim at sonic.net