[Mgs] MGB gas-tank dipstick

Max Heim mvheim at sonic.net
Fri Jan 6 11:16:33 MST 2023

Agree that the sender refit is not a difficult job.

I additionally wanted to point out why the dipstick method is practically useless. If you look at the fuel gauge markings on a Mk. I MGB, you will see that the scale does not consist of even increments — each “quarter” is a different size — it is not remotely a linear scale. So any dipstick reading is no more than a wild guess. You could determine the difference between a mostly full tank, a partial tank, and a very low tank, but that’s about it.

--
Max Heim
'66 MGB