[Mgs] Blinker Relay

Barney Gaylord barneymg at mgaguru.com
Wed Feb 22 07:13:32 MST 2023

Dave,

In your attached picture, the relay is mounted upside down.  Normally
the single hole mounting tab goes at bottom, while the three hole
mounting tab goes at top, and #1 terminal will be at top right.

The cover appears to be right way around, like it was never
removed.  If you flip the unit over with single hole mount at bottom,
then the cover will also be right side up with terminals 1 and 5 at top.

Reason for your electrical confusion is as shown in the picture the
wires are on the wrong termainal numbers.  See correct wiring diagram here:
http://www.mgaguru.com/mgtech/electric/pics/circ_f2.gif

And there are NINE electrical connections.  The shell of the relay
has to be grounded on the body of the car for the relays to
click.  You may need to scrape a little paint off of the rear side of
the firewall to make ground connection through one of the screws.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com

www.avg.com