[Mgs] Ride height

Barney Gaylord barneymg at mgaguru.com
Mon May 3 10:07:53 MDT 2021

Lowering blocks raise the rear axle in relation
to the springs, but do not change the spring
height in relation to the body or chassis
frame.  You can correct the ride height that way,
but it will not correct the gross misalignment
for the rebound straps (which are attached to the lower spring mounting plate).

If the rebould straps are close to taught when at
rest, they you will be royally screwed on
handling when driving.  It will pick a rear tire
completely off the ground in a fast turn, causing
severe oversteer (very dangerous condition).  And
if you install longer rebound straps, you will
get damage to the lever arm shocks from overtravel.