[Mgs] Running hot

Robert's New iPad mgbobh at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 16:50:21 MST 2021

Hi Rick,
   You have been systematic about this.
   Good question about the opening of the new ‘stat.  As far as I know, they either open completely or not at all.  Others may know for sure.
   Sounds like you did all the right things with your efforts to clean the radiator.  I still wonder if it had sediment that solidified during the time the car was not in service.  Was that a long time?  Antifreeze in the radiator then?
   Check the side-to-side temps of radiator.  If the sides and centre are not close in temp, I would suspect blockage in the sides.
   Why the electric fan? My MGB with its yellow plastic fan was happy year round in Sarasota, admittedly not the heat of Houston, but I never had any worries.
   Is fan turning the right direction? I have heard about that but never seen it.
Bob