[Mgs] MGB success!

dwoerpel dwoerpel at wi.net
Sun Oct 25 10:15:26 MDT 2020

Way to go Mark!  Having worked on a few cars at other locations it isn't the most convenient situation but the feeling one gets, especially with a successful outcome, makes it all worthwhile.  Plus it's down right fun and with time the negatives fade.  Good on ya!Dave W.'59 :()'59 MGA 1500Burlington WI Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Mark J Bradakis <mark at bradakis.com> Date: 10/25/20  8:14 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: mglist <mgs at autox.team.net> Subject: [Mgs] MGB success! A while back one of the folks in the British Motor Club of Utah posted on our Facebook page that he had some cars that needed attention.  I offered to assist.  I had meant to write it all down, as to when I did what, but of course I did not.The car is a '73 MGB which hadn't been running for some time. Over the course of the last few months I've driven the 25 miles to his place and messed with it.  If I still had a shop where I could have easily worked on it whenever convenient for me it would have gotten done a lot sooner.  I currently am working graveyard, from 10 pm to 6 am.  So going up to Nick's place in the early afternoon is like the dead of night for me.   ZZzzzzz.Anyway, we worked on getting it started.  First off, no fuel to the carbs.  New fuel pump installed.  Then too much fuel, needle valves not closing.  Carbs get taken off, I bring them home.  It goes on for a while, like an LBC game of Whack-A-Mole.  Fix one problem, it brings to light another.  New coil, $200 on carb rebuild kit, new ignition switch. Back and forth between ignition and carbs, always another gremlin popping up.Finally got close yesterday.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55cmBVIF7Pk <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55cmBVIF7Pk>Still needs some tweaking and minor adjustments, but after at least a dozen trips where I've headed home shaking my head in frustration, it was nice to head back to Salt Lake with a smile on my face.mjb._______________________________________________Mgs at autox.team.netDonate: http://www.team.net/donate.htmlSuggested annual donation  $12.75Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archiveUnsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/dwoerpel@wi.net