[Mgs] Mgs Digest, Vol 156, Issue 16

Mogrits mogrits at gmail.com
Tue May 19 20:24:37 MDT 2020

I read all the responses. If you don't want to drill the holes out, I'd say
that Harbor Freight has an assortment of angled needle nosed pliers and one
of those pairs would likely work. You can (or could) buy an assortment of
them for about 10.00 that I've found helpful to contort into places that I
never thought possible.

Another option would be dental or surgical pair of pliers/hemostats. Those
things are made to hit every angle. Harbor Freight even usually has those
somewhere in the store.

I did this grill removal during a repaint in 1986 or 1987, but cannot
remember how I put it back on but I know mine's not just "sitting there". I
do recall I could not install the fiberglass window screen that the manuals
recommended at the time for leaf protection because of the need to put the
retainers on.

Warren

Today's Topics: