[Mgs] 1959 MGA

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Wed May 13 01:36:45 MDT 2020

Personally I wouldn't bother.  It's not going to be any better than a correctly maintained points distributor.  I've never had points or condenser fail in over 50 years.  If you get a programmable one then yes you can design your own curve, but how much extra performance or economy do you expect to get out a 70 year old car?  If your existing distributor is mechanically worn then yes an electronic distributor (as opposed to electronic ignition) will correct that, but it's a very expensive way when there are rebuild options around.

Just my 2 penn'orth,

  I'm thinking of getting an electronic distributor for it.

  Any recommendations?

  I'm planning on keeping the existing one for backup