[Mgs] mga drain plugs

Barney Gaylord barneymg at mgaguru.com
Sun Mar 22 09:25:08 MDT 2020

Okay, here's the long version.

For the engine drain plug,
1/4-inch BSPP or G-1/4 (plus a sealing washer)
see: http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/engine/of108.htm
and http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/cooling/cool_201.htm

For gearbox drain, and differential fill and drain plugs,
1/2-14 NPT (plus thread sealing, recommend Tefon tape)
http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/rearaxle/ra117.htm
Original plugs had square female socket drive,
slightly tapered (forged), and could be two
different sizes.  The smaller one can be driven
direclty with a 3/8" drive socket wrench without
a socket or adapter.  The larger one needs a
slightly larger tapered square male drive key
(which can easily be made from a 3/8" to 1/2" drive adapter).
Hex female socket, square drive and hex drive
heads are also available, but, recommend a flush
socket drive plug for bottom of gearbox and differential.