[Mgs] Passenger Window Adjustment

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Fri Mar 13 02:34:08 MDT 2020

Is it fully in the front channel?  Or angled back from it at the top that side as well?

If the former then about the only thing you can do - assuming you have the space there without hitting the back of the screen upright - is to see if you can move the quarter-light frame forwards.  Ordinarily there is only one position for them which is fully up and fully forwards within the structure of the door.  Check there are no spacers on the front fixings, and that they are tightened bit by bit along with the studs that go through the top of the door frame.  If the top ones are fully tightened first they may be preventing the QL coming forwards as far as it might.  Otherwise the only adjustment will be the door on the hinges.

If the glass is coming out of the front channel then see if the rear channel can be repositioned to move the glass forwards, and that the glass isn't binding in it.  Also that the regulator mechanism isn't binding at the rear.

  My 69 MGB GT passenger side window is cocked towards the back of the car.  It hits the rear b-pillar trim frame.  If it is up all the way you cannot shut the door because of the overlap.  How do I adjust this?