[Mgs] Seat Fittings.

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Wed Mar 4 01:22:08 MST 2020

After all this time the webbing is unlikely to be original, even though you might be sitting on the floor.  I've replaced that in my 73 roadster twice in 30 years, and the 75 V8 once in 25, even though I've done more miles in the V8.  Avoid the diaphragms, the embedded wires that hook to the frame pull out all to easily according to several accounts.

I've recovered the roadster seats twice (the first seat were poor quality) and the V8 once, and kept the foams which are original to the cars, and have all been in good nick.  Replacement foams are far too dense - tops of thighs pressed up against the steering wheel and head tilted to one side in a GT.  A number of people say they've had to cut a slice off the bottom, or drill a series of holes through.

Of course, how much 'sag' you get depends on how much you weigh.  The factory only allowed for 150lb per person ...

  I am finally addressing the driver's seat in my "new to me" MGB GT.  When I sit in the driver's seat the cushion bottoms out so that I am being jabbed on both sides by the tubular frame.  Not conducive to long distance driving.  The foam in the seat must be original as it has turned brown in exposed areas and is way too soft.