[Mgs] Tires

Barney Gaylord barneymg at mgaguru.com
Mon Jan 27 13:15:42 MST 2020

For very good value for the money, I like
Nexen SB802 All-Season Radial Tire - 165/80R15 87T
$60 from Amazon with free 4-5 day shipping.
$60 from Walmart with free 2-day shipping, or have them shipped to
your nearest Walmart superstore for installation.

Avoid Nankang tires, at least in this size.  Latteral grip is not too
bad, but directional stability is terrible, have you wandering all
over the road, needing constant attention to keep in your traffic
lane, even worse if the road surface is not flat.   I had to buy two
of those when I was in Alaska, started out on the front but quickly
moved them to the rear axle as a matter of safety.

Gremax Capturar CF2 165/80/15 tires are good.  Found those in
Canada.  They have the best directional stability of any tire I ever
driven, even on the "W" roads (deply worn in the tracks from snow
studs and tire chains).

Vredestein Sprint Classic 165HR15 86H and Blockley 165VR15 86V 4PR
are good (for more money).  Bias ply tires are strictly for show
cars, not for any spirited driving.  Settle for nothing less than
Traction "A" in the UTOG rating.

$0..03,

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude (and 600,000 miles)
http://MGAguru.com