[Mgs] Trip Meter Reset Cable Assy

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Sat Jan 18 02:28:43 MST 2020

Google throws up loads from eBay and the usual suppliers, but whether they have the right one is another matter.  The other obvious source to try is a speedo repairer.

However mine (SN6144/23A) just sticks out of a hole in the case, the only attachment is to the odometer mechanism itself http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/images/speedorep11.jpg

If that's broken you may have bigger problems.

  Anyone know where to get a trip Meter reset cable assembly for a 1969 MGB GT.  Today I pulled the speedo out for rebuild because the odometer does not work.  I found out why the trip Meter would not reset.  The cable assembly fell out of the back of the speedo case.  The part that locks into the case is broken so it will not stay put.  I don't see this part in any of the catalogs.