[Mgs] Electrical Nightmare

Barrie Robinson barrob at bell.net
Thu Jan 16 13:05:43 MST 2020

Hello folks,

I feel oh sort of superior! An unusual feeling in the MG world as I am a
novice.  When I built my MGB GT V8 I was determined to make it bullet
proof even if it meant not being "original". There is a chap, whose name
escapes me, who put out an electrical wiring harness design which was
"point to point". He was a big time engineer in Triumph so I followed
his design and actually bought parts form him.   It had a central
"control box" with solenoids, fuses etc etc.   So that's what I have in
my GT.   Bags of fuses and there are no branches causing confusion.
It is not original true, but then it is bulletproof.   Probably no more
expensive than buying a harness from British Wiring or others if you do
it yourself.

I have his article, complete with diagrams, from the British V8 outfit
which was pure MGs but now any Brit V8 !!

Barrie.