[Mgs] Electrical Nightmare

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Thu Jan 16 12:57:28 MST 2020

 Yes, I am sure it is a ground problem.  You are correct when you say the old connections probably are corroded to the point of very little electrical connectivity.  They should be cleaned and re-connected.  For now I just need the tach to work.  I am in the middle of an Austin Healey BN2 restoration and do not have unlimited time to play around with the MG yet.  A little at a time.  Today I am pulling the tachometer and the speedometer out to send out to be rebuilt.  While they are out, I will have access to more of the wiring behind the dash.  It will be a chance to clean up some connections before they come back.  Today I will disconnect the grounding wire eyelet I found behind the tach that I slipped over the threaded post for the experiment.  We'll see if the horn comes back.  After that, we'll see why the cigar lighter does not work.   I need a power point to charge my phone.Mike M