[Mgs] '74 MGB ignition switch?

Mark J Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Mon Aug 17 18:47:15 MDT 2020

How difficult is it to replace just the electrical portion of a 1974 MGB
ignition switch?  If I ever did the task while working at Bailey's I
don't remember anything about it, and I don't have any MGB repair
manuals in my collection.

Not my car, working on one for a fellow British Motor Club of Utah
member, a younger guy who recently became infatuated with these cars.
Wondering if someone of his modest skill level can do the task himself.
I did the hard part, diagnosing the problem and tracking it down to the
switch.  Sometimes having decades of experience is a big benefit.

mjb.