[Mgs] rivets without holes

dwoerpel dwoerpel at wi.net
Thu Aug 6 07:29:28 MDT 2020

Thanks for the reponses.  On the road gauge indicates 70 psi, 40 idle.  I agree the oil splashes everywhere ever since a friend ran his 57 Chevy in 1964 without valve covers cuz he wanted to see what would happen. What mess.  I can remember my 68 MGB, gone now, making a mess when the rubber grommets under the cover nuts had perished.  I'll re-rivet and try new Permatex the winter. Stay safe,Dave W59 :()59 MGA 1500Burlington WI "Pay It Forward"Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: PaulHunt73 <paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com> Date: 8/6/20  2:28 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: mgs at autox.team.net Subject: Re: [Mgs] rivets without holes
IME the rockers flick oil all over the place, and it can leak
out past the plastic cap if that is distorted or the seal worn.

  Don't know why your rivets are leaking.
  If you have correct clearances on the rocker shaft the oil should just dribble
  out the rockers.  Maybe you need a new rocker assembly.  How is your
  oil pressure?