[Mgs] rivets without holes

Robert's New iPad mgbobh at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 16:39:31 MDT 2020

     I have some 1/8 x 1/2 round-head aluminium rivets, solid shank, that I can share with anyone who needs some.   These I got for the rear side curtains for TD, when the kit from a vendor in California contained pre-rusted, flat-head wrong rivets.
     One puts a rivet through the pieces to be joined, nips off the rivet about 1/8 inch above the surface, then peens the cut end using an anvil under the round head. I made the anvil to fit rivet round heads by drilling into the end of a bolt a hole the size of rivet head. Heads stay nicely round and unscratched this way.
   Riveting is quicker than fitting a machine screw, washer and nut.