[Mgs] Rear shock absorber

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Sun Apr 5 08:06:36 MDT 2020

I've only ever replaced them singly - as long as they are replaced with the same type.  Unlike telescopics which altered the damping as they aged, and had to be (expensively!  Which is why I went back to lever-arms) replaced as a pair, in my experience the lever-arms give consistent damping - while the oil lasts.

PaulH.

  One of the rear shock absorbers is leaking, so that's an MOT failure.

  Now it can be easily be replaced.

  So my question is, should I replace both sides because of the damping characters?

  I drive rarely, so basically it is not wearing out.