[Mgs] Sunday morning, a bit OT

Richard Lindsay richardolindsay at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 05:39:42 MDT 2019

Hello Friends, and good morning from South Texas!

Another hot day is forecast for today so I plan to get my car work (play?)
done early. Two jobs are in the queue, neither of which involves the
Maserati, strangely enough! :-P The first is filling two petrol jugs with
fuel and heading to my shop. The Triumph TR6 ran out of gas while moving it
about yesterday. My grandson and I ended up pushing it into position, ready
for tomorrow's transport.

Once the TR6 is fueled, its back to the house to spend an hour or so on the
MG TD. That car is to get the other half of its tune up. Specifically, the
timing will be checked, and adjusted as required,  valves adjusted, and the
SU carburetors will get cleaned and the linkage lubricated. The car will
get a new brake master cylinder, but not today. Rather, a garage cleanup is
needed first so the master cylinder job can happen cleanly and efficiently.

As much as I have enjoyed working on the Biturbo, it's nice that I now
don't have to do so! It's running great. Yesterday, the car started at the
first turn of the key and ran great as I moved cars around. After
completing a few more competing projects, the car will get regular use.

You? How are you spending your Sunday? Any LBC projects in the queue. I
know some of you are contemplating winter storage and maintenance projects
for your cars, but for us on America's south coast, its driving season!

Rick