[Mgs] Another way for engaging the O/D

Bert Palte palte at gmx.net
Mon Nov 11 10:30:38 MST 2019

Or:

Using a relay for latching, you may consider using just a (non-latching)
pushbutton to engage the O/D.

Assuming the O/D works only on 3rd and 4th gear, you don't even need a
(second, NC pushbutton) switch to disengage the O/D.

Just move the gear lever to between 3rd and 4th and then just a very
short time to the left to let the relay disengage and thus to have the
O/D disengage.

(Similar as in my 1972 Sunbeam Sceptre. In that car, there is a stalk to
the R/H side of the steering column.

Stalk momentarily down = engage; momentarily up = disengage. I never use
the "momentarily up" function;

I always disengage as just described. Very convenient!)

Bert

70 B