[Mgs] Determine build date for an O/D transmission?

Andrew Lundgren lundgren at byu.net
Mon Nov 11 06:35:54 MST 2019

I have a '78. The transmission is a blue label, but the seller doesn't have
the shift lever.

A lever for a '78 is not a cheap thing, and my son who is driving it a lot
right now likes the Walnut MG logo shifter it has.  So I'm looking at
options for how to install the O/D switch.

>From the moss catalog, it looks like the '76 switch won't work with the
'78. So I might have to buy the parts to put together the shifter switch or
put it in the blank accessory switch above the fan on the dash.