[Mgs] Something (or things) leaks - how to locate the source?

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Fri May 31 01:56:56 MDT 2019

Fluids can travel other than straight down even on a stopped engine, more so
with a running engine, and especially coolant which can be flung everywhere
if you have a water pump seal leak.

Start from the top and work down, cleaning and solving as you go, puffing
talc can be pretty good at showing a source.

If you see a leak unless the fastening is actually loose further tightening
rarely stops it.  In fact it can make things worse as it can distort the
faces and make the gap bigger.