[Mgs] Optima in West Sussex

wkilleffer at epbfi.com wkilleffer at epbfi.com
Sat May 18 19:06:26 MDT 2019

Hello everyone,I try not to ask off-topic questions on here, but my curiousity is getting the best of me. Sometime around 2003, if I remember correctly, I bought a wicker picnic basket with settings for two at a British car show. It has a badge that says it was made by Optima in West Sussex. It's been stored away in a closet ever since. Just never got around to taking it on a picnic. I got curious and tried to find out more about the company, but I'm not having much luck with that. A ten year old article in The Guardian seems to express that Optima is one of the biggest companies in that line, so you'd think there would be something more recent out there about them. The only company with Optima in the name located in West Sussex does computer and IT support, amd has done so for 30 years. Seems odd that a company could change its focus, though it could happen, I guess. As I said, I hate to bomb the list with an off-topic question,but I thought someone on here might know more than I do. Thank you,-WilliamSent from my LG Mobile