[Mgs] Coolant draining on an MGB

Charley Robinson Charley38 at twc.com
Thu May 9 15:52:20 MDT 2019

You can get the old coolant out of the block by exchanging it for
water.   A couple of fills and drains ought to do it.  Or you can do it
by trickling water in at the top while letting it out at the bottom,
with the engine warmed up and running, until it runs out clear at the
bottom.  Then shut it down, drain it as completely as possible, button
it up and refill it with the coolant of your choice*after it cools down.
*I used to flush out rusty coolant this way when I was into flipping
cars to raise hobby money.

CR