[Mgs] MGB steering rack

S. Carr britfan1 at epix.net
Wed May 1 08:05:17 MDT 2019

While doing pre-season routine maintenance on my ‘71 B/GT recently, my mechanic & I decided it would be wise to make sure the steering rack had plenty of oil.  The factory service manual has instructions and a diagram for filling via a nipple on the housing – but we can’t find any such fitting (or even a plug), after cleaning off years of dirt.  No oil is presently leaking out of the boots, but it’s possible that it all leaked out many years ago, before we bought the car.  (The steering is a bit sticky when returning from full lock.)

Any advice from the list?

TIA,
Sarah Carr
‘71 B/GT in PA