[Mgs] oil

Max Heim mvheim at sonic.net
Mon Jun 17 17:28:50 MDT 2019

Yeah, I used it for years. But then back around the early 2000s I had to replace the cam. All the lobes were scored, and the lifters spalled. That’s when I started hearing about zinc and the absence of same. Somewhere between being rated “SG” and “SM” all the zinc went away. It took me a while to find a good high zinc oil that was locally available.

I replaced the lifters again last fall, as a precaution, since I had the head off anyway. One was just starting to show spots.

--
Max Heim
'66 MGB