[Mgs] value questions

Barrie Robinson barrob at bell.net
Mon Jul 22 10:41:00 MDT 2019

I agree on Max's  advice.  I spent a fortune on building an MGB GT V8
with lots of "mods. It is spectacularly concours but the insurance
appraiser chap gave it a price about 30% on what I put in to it.   But
if it is for yourself you may be cheered by the thought that had you
bought a new car its value in just 1-2 years would be worse than that
30% figure.   Having said that one has to take into account what car you
are "working" on.  Some cars can gather far more of those money things
than it costs to restore.   My prediction is that MGB GTs will see a big
increase in price - but then I am biased.
Cheers