[Mgs] Genator strap.

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Tue Jan 22 01:24:39 MST 2019

I took the suggestion as being an easier way to arrive at the correct
tension, not a method of over tensioning it.  However I've only ever had to
do it after having refitted the dynamo or alternator after other work, so in
the grand scheme of things it's not been that big a deal.  Other than that I
don't adjust the belt from one years end to the next, just checking, and
I've never suffered from squeal or poor charging from that cause.  I'm
looking forward to the discussion about what the tension should be and where
and how it is measured :o)