[Mgs] MGBGT V8

Barrie Robinson barrob at bell.net
Sun Dec 29 11:11:45 MST 2019

Hello Phil,

Would love to join but Texas is a long way to go when one is 86 and no
longer a cowboy driver !!!  Over a decade ago I built an MGB GT V8 from
bits as there were none around to buy.  I had the "normal" GT as well as
the convertible but neither could cope with 100km highways, and trucks
were frightening to pass with the asthmatic 4 pot.   The rebuilt 3.5L
engine came from the UK with HC pistons an a mild cam plus other stuff.
It now puts out a modest 240bhp (maybe more) with Webers plus suspension
mods - and frankly I have never had the guts to test it out !!! Having
had a motley of Italian, German and British cars I find the MGB GT V8
the best of the lot - even over my Maserati !!!!!!

All the best for the New Year
Barrie